Re: Failed attempt at rebuilding RPM database

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> Also, when I run rpm -qa on packages that I
> know Red Hat installed as RPM's, I get absolutley no response, which
> usually means that a package isn't installed.

rpm -qa by itself should list all the packages rpm thinks is installed;
if your database is as broken as you think it is this might be a short
list.

Another idea on fixing your database; you could try using
/usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_dump instead of db_dump, etc. as I am guessing these
may be the db4 utilities corresponding to the db4 version rpm uses.

	Michael Young