Re: Updated RPM's for gphoto, libgphoto, and gtkam?

On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 06:36, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> There is a gphoto2-2.1.1-2 in Rawhide, but the old "any of these packages
> may do serious harm to your computer" warning keeps running through my
> head. And I did download the source code to all three, but honestly source
> gives me the heebie-jeebies and I want my RPMS.

*Most* of the time, the rawhide packages usually are as stable as
production versions.  The only ones that might have problems are ones
that are built that are beta products still, or maybe kernel/glibc/gcc
types, but even those at times work OK as well.

You can always reinstall the older one if needed or remove the rawhide
version if there are problems.  I would still install it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Hand over the code, and no one gets hurt!"