Updated RPM's for gphoto, libgphoto, and gtkam?

OK, here we go... I've been to www.gphoto.org and verified that the newest stable version (2.1.1) will indeed work with my Canon PowerShot S230.

I have then visited all of the following in search of an RPM:

        * http://gphoto.sourceforge.net
        * ftp://ftp.redhat.com
        * http://www.rpmfind.net
        * http://www.freshrpms.net

Apparently, no one on Earth has an RPM of gphoto-2.1.1, libgphoto-2.1.1, and gtkam-0.1.10 for Red Hat 9, or an SRPM which I could try to rebuild either.

There is a gphoto2-2.1.1-2 in Rawhide, but the old "any of these packages may do serious harm to your computer" warning keeps running through my head. And I did download the source code to all three, but honestly source gives me the heebie-jeebies and I want my RPMS.

I know about "configure, make, make install" and I know it's supposed to be easy, but what I am worried about are the consequences of those three simple commands, never mind removing that source from my system later on if/when I upgrade these packages via RPM again.

Does anyone know where I can find these, or how I can make RPM's from the source? Will I be able to upgrade cleanly if Red Hat later offers RPM packages for new versions? (Heck, will Red Hat offer updates for these packages?)

Thanks for any help!

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx