Re: Not-so-instant ISOs (use BitTorrent!)

On Monday 31 March 2003 13:21, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> Which makes this whole *early-access* exercise silly.  I'm getting
> 120kB/s from BitTorrent, which is about 12x what I am getting from RHN.
>
> It is discouraging that despite purchasing RHN subscriptions for my
> various and sundry machines, I have little use for it. (I don't even
> bother registering most of them.)  Instead, I use BitTorrent or rsync
> for downloads, and APT for package management. (Thanks Matthias!)
>
> The Red Hat Network technology is unfortunately hobbled by the
> business model. I don'

I've been informed by Red Hat employees that more bandwidth is going into the
pool at midnight EST, and should eliviate a lot of the current slowdown.

Keep in mind, w/out RHN early access, BitTorrent would have never gotten the
ISOs in the first place.  As I point out to some, 4KB/s is a whole heck of a
lot better than 0KB/s.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net