Re: Sendmail and Spam Assassin on firewall system

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Gerry Doris wrote:

> > That won't work without duplicating the users onto the firewall
> > system...which defeats the purpose of just having it as a firewall.
> >

> Hmmm, ok then check out MailScanner.  It can call either spamassasin
> and/or a virus scanner on all incoming mail.  It integrates seamlessly
> with sendmail and spamassassin.  Neither need any config changes to work
> with MailScanner.  I believe it also works with Postfix and Exim but I
> don't use those.
>
> MailScanner uses your MTA to receive the mail, pulls it out of the receive
> directory and scans it, then moves it to a separate directory for your MTA
> to deliver.  I would assume you could use sendmail's mailertable to
> forward to the other server?
>
> MailScanner is very easy to setup.

Yup...I had recommended either MailScanner or Amavisd, which does the same
thing.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe