Re: Sendmail and Spam Assassin on firewall system

> That won't work without duplicating the users onto the firewall
> system...which defeats the purpose of just having it as a firewall.

Hmmm, ok then check out MailScanner.  It can call either spamassasin
and/or a virus scanner on all incoming mail.  It integrates seamlessly
with sendmail and spamassassin.  Neither need any config changes to work
with MailScanner.  I believe it also works with Postfix and Exim but I
don't use those.

MailScanner uses your MTA to receive the mail, pulls it out of the receive
directory and scans it, then moves it to a separate directory for your MTA
to deliver.  I would assume you could use sendmail's mailertable to
forward to the other server?

MailScanner is very easy to setup.

Gerry