Re: sendmail redirecting mail to aol.com/rr.com/isps blocking dynamicip's

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Satish Balay wrote:

> The discussion has gone into a different direction - than the one I
> was looking for. So, I'll rephrase the questions.
>
>  **** 1 ******
>
> pine -> postfix -> smtp-relay1/smtp-relay2 -> destination
>
> When on network-1 I would like to use smtp-relay1 for all outgoing mail
> When on network-2 I would like to use smtp-relay2 for all outgoing mail
>
> I swith between network 1 & 2 twice a day. Note: smtp-relay1,
> smtp-relay2 are open relays as long as the machine is on the local
> network - and inaccessiable from outside the local-network.
>
> How do I set up postfix configuration to do this - without having to
> change postfix settings - each time I change networks?
>
>   **** 2 *******
>
> pine -> postfix -> smtp-relay1 --> destination [for *@aol if machine on network-1]
> pine -> postfix -> smtp-relay2 --> destination [for *@aol if machine on network-2]
> pine -> postfix -----------------> destination [for everything else]
>
> How do I configure postfix to handle this?

The easiest what, that I can think of, is to have multiple 'main.cf'
files, each with a "relay_host =" directive in it...you could then script
something to determine which network the laptop has been attached to, copy
the appropriate main.cf file in place, and start/restart postfix.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe