Re: Install only text-based applications?

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 07:54, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 07:02:20AM -0700, Steve Snyder wrote:
> >
> > My (admittedly fuzzy) understanding is that selecting a Server
> > installation will not install the user-oriented text-based applications.
> > True?
> > Is there a way in the Shrike installed to simply indicate that I want all
> > text-based apps and none of the GUI apps?  If so, how is it done?
> >
> > Thanks.
> How about custom but not everything. Just choose not to install X, Gnome of KDE.
> Some GUI applications will still be installed but that might be useful when you access
> the machine from a remote machine.

That's what i usually do. Select Custom Install (i do that every time)
then, if i don't want X apps i unselect the big X-related categories: X,
Gnome, KDE, Graphical Internet, etc.

Of course, the list can be tweaked afterwards, but this method provides
the biggest bang for the mouse click (or key press).

--
Florin Andrei

Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway.
	And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
Oracle: That vase.