Re: RedHat9 RAID woes

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 07:08, Tony Graham wrote:
> No, nor it is not defined on my working RH7 box. Is this a new requirement
> with RH9? Looking at the sysinit script, there has been some checking added
> which is looking at the  fstab. If I comment this section of code out of
> sysinit the machine mounts the
> RAID md0 just fine.
>
> However I am also seeing an entry of "mount :
> LABEL=/boot duplicate not mounted: immediately following the activation of
> the RAID.

This seems to be done mostly to help people like me that have raid devices
that require other services to be active to use, such as network for network
block devices (HyperSCSI).  Whats wrong w/ adding the mount point to your
/etc/fstab entry if you want it to start at boot time?  Or whats wrong with
an /etc/rc.local entry?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net