Re: List Admin please filter ALL >>> "Shrike-list digest, Vol "

On Sunday 15 June 2003 08:27, shrek-m@xxxxxx wrote:

(snippage)

> >Sure...and the complaints that the Red Hat lists, and/or the Linux
> >community, are all crotchety, or unfriendly, or unhelpful, etc, ad
> >infinitum, would persist.

(snippage)

> here a some rules in this game called open-source, gpl, ...
>
> people who say  "that the Red Hat lists, and/or the Linux community, are
> all crotchety, or unfriendly, or unhelpful, ..."
> are mostly not willing to play their role in this game.

(and more snippage)

Not to post "me too" or anything but;

We all need to exercise a little extra patience and ettiquette from time to
time, but we all know their must be limits too.

I haven't seen any angry RTFM's that I recall since I've been on this list,
and those are what I find offensive, but I have seen a lack of common sense
on the part of some members such as the auto reply that started this whole
feud.  I find those to be extremely annoying.  It doesn't require any
specialized knowledge or expertise to read the list's faq and follow it.

Maybe when he gets back in the office, he'll read his digests and see what a
fuss he started and at least remember not to do it again.

Joebewan