gnome-pilot/Evolution vs JPilot

Anyone with a comparison between gnome-pilot and JPilot, please?

I'll put my other, more detailed questions at the end, first let me
describe my situation. Pardon me for the long message.

I tried gnome-pilot a while ago (some years ago, when i was using a Palm
m100 connected to the PC over the serial port), but it never worked
reliably for me, it had a weird way of crashing upon launch, and it
didn't seem to do what i wanted it to do. So i just took advantage of
the fact that i was still dual-booting into Windows a lot :-) and used
the Windows thing to backup my PDA.

After a while, and approximately at the same time when i did a PDA
upgrade (Visor Prism on USB for myself, Visor Platinum on serial or USB
for my wife), i discovered JPilot.
It works beautifully. Never crashed, configuration is very easy. I can
download .prc's (PalmOS apps) off the Net and load them up into our
PDAs. Works with USB and serial. It has helpers for all 4 major PalmOS
apps: Address Book, Date Book, Memo Pad, and ToDo List - so this way i
can edit stuff related to them on my Linux computer too (besides editing
them on the PDA, of course). The compatibility between those 4 major PDA
apps and their JPilot counterparts is _perfect_ (different GUI, exact
same functionality), which is very important.
It also synchronises the time on the PDA when sync-ing. Moreover, if you
hard-reset your PDA and you loose all data, you can bootstrap it again
from the last backup, with only a click of a mouse.
It has a powerful plugin architecture, allowing to create helpers in
JPilot for basically any PalmOS app (do on Linux the same stuff that you
do with the app on PalmOS, only working on the backup data not on the
original, and then sync the changes both ways).

And yet... My biggest complaint is that JPilot and Evolution are
disconnected. It's impossible to maintain the same contacts list, or
todo list, in Evolution and on the PDA without a lot of effort. That
sucks.

I believe (please correct me if i'm wrong) that, with gnome-pilot, most
of the 4 major PDA apps get synchronised with Evolution. But i'm less
sure about the other stuff.

So here are my actual questions about gnome-pilot:

1. What are the major PDA apps that get sync'ed with Evo?
I suppose it's: Date Book (becomes Calendar in Evo), Address Book
(becomes Contacts) and ToDo List (becomes Tasks). Then how about Memo
Pad?

2. If those apps get sync'ed with Evo, how good is the compatibility
between the way PalmOS does those things, and the way Evo does them? Can
i import Categories from ToDo List into Tasks? An address item in the
Address Book - does it get 100% translated into Contacts with no
information loss? Can i continue to edit my Memo Pad on Linux?

3. Is it easy to install PalmOS apps?

4. Can i easily restore my PDA from the last backup after i suffer a
total data loss? (like, dead battery)

5. Time sync'ing the PDA?

I would love to be able to continue to use JPilot, and yet synchronise
it somehow with Evolution.
If not, then i'll probably investigate gnome-pilot and make a decision.

Thanks,

--
Florin Andrei

"The concept of firewalls has started to have an effect at the
cultural level: I once heard a kid on a train describe his mother
as a 'stateful firewall' to one of his buddies." - Marcus Ranum