Re: Why use LABEL? (was: 2.5 kernels and shrike RPMs)

On 00:41 11 Jun 2003, Michael Schwendt <ms-nospam-0306@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:47:40 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
| > Label's cause problems if you have more than one install of Linux on teh
| > system that uses labels to mount things.
|
| Does Red Hat's installer no longer choose non-duplicate labels in
| order to not cause any conflicts? I remember it came up with labels
| such as /1, /2, and so on.

Yes, but that'll only happen if the other drive is in the machine at
the time. Personally I find LABELs more trouble than benefit, and change
back to the device names. Iof course that is a judgement you must make
for yourself. Haven't tried UUIDs.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Personally, I find blinking text on a page to be extraordinarily annoying and
my first instinct is to back up one page, right away.
        - William Barr <wbarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>