Re: Will RH8 and RH9 Co-Exist?

You will need to use e2label to change the labels of one on the installs or
you will only be able to boot with one or the other hard drives in  on boot
up it scans all drives for the labels if it has duplicates it doesnt know
which one to use so will fail i would probably set the rH 8.0 ones as such

e2label /dev/hdb1 /RH8boot
e2label /dev/hdb2 /RH8

then edit grub.conf  to have it boot the RH 8.0 install using those labels
you will then be able to dual boot 8.0 and 9

Dennis