Re: IBM Laptop & RH9?

My ThinkPad A22p (1G P-III/M,15" UXGA) has been a trooper for the past
two years. Mine has a TOUGH titanium lid which is now available only on
the T and X models. At 7.7 lbs an "A" is on the heavy side. It has a
built-in 10/100 Ethernet and optional WiFi (yeah). The built-in V.92
modem is a Winmodem (boo). I'd recommend the an A31p (now with ABS
plastic cover) if you want what amounts to a mobile workstation with
everything.

IBM doesn't officially support Linux on laptops. Given their huge
corporate committement to Linux, this is curious. Rest assured, though,
Red Hat supports ThinkPads quite well. One thing that neither supports
is the full docking station's lock release. I can undock under W*****s,
but under Linux I have to power down to take it with me. Bother.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL