Re: USB Drive and Camera Automount

Jason KRISCH wrote:
I have a USB drive and a USB DigiCam. I am able to mount them oth under
Linux:

Camera:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /Data/Pictures/Camera

USB Drive (32 MB they gave us at Microsoft Tech Ed - don't flame me for
being here... it's my job, not my love):

mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /Data/USBDrive

My question: is there a way to automount and dismount these when they
are plugged in and removed?

Many. The easiest would be add them to autofs (I do this for my PCMCIA->CF adaptor for a camera). You could the change the hotplug scripts to access the device to force the mount. You could also do it using just hotplug.

Basically edit /etc/usb.usermap identifing the device and tell it what script to run. Put the script in /etc/hotplug/usb

I like the autofs method so If it's there it mounts when I want it, and then unmounts when I'm not using it. I also use this for CDs and floppies.

-Thomas