Re: UDF format ? (was Re: CD-RW blues help)

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Andrew Smith wrote:

> But I'd guess that you can use a CDRW disk as a UDF partition and
> not have to worry about cdrecord or anything else - just mount it
> and use it as any other partition (but much slower - and dont do
> LOTS of update)
>
> The point I meant to make (but didn't do very well) was that
> RedHat9 - out of the box - will now use a DVD-RAM drive with
> a UDF formatted DVD-RAM disk just like a HDD.

Now *I* am confused ;-)

I am aware of the fact that RHL9 will *read* UDF disks, but how do I get
it to *write* to them?

My /etc/fstab has

/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
      user,unhide,noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

and /dev/cdrom is actually /dev/scd0, which is my TEAC CDwriter (which
works fine with cdrecord/cdrdao, etc).

Changing the ro in fstab to rw doesnt seem to do the trick.

Is there a HOWTO somewhere I can read that takes into account any changes
made to RHL9?

TIA!

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx