Re: PDA Recommendation

My suggestion is, don't bother with getting a PDA. Why not?

3 biggest limitations:

*Too expensive to purchase
*Monthly wireless access fees are exploitatory -- way too high
*Device too small to use easily

Other telling problems:

*Extremely difficult to input data
*Extremely difficult to migrate and sync data from a desktop
*Fonts are too small to read easily in poor conditions
*Device is easily lost
*If device is lost, personal data security is quickly compromised
*Devices are poorly built -- can't survive being dropped, extremes of
heat and cold, sweaty bodies, being jarred
*Not much PDA -- very little memory, you can't load a different OS
easily or upgrade the innards

My old Palm VIIx, once my pride and joy, is unused for the above
reasons.

Bob

--
Need help with computer hardware or software? I can take care of it in
your home at very reasonable cost.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA
http://www.greenbeltcomputer.biz/