Re: borderless printing: recommendations,and comments on printers, please!

On July 8, 2003 08:16 am, Patrick wrote:
> You definitely want to look at Epson (Stylus) printers too. Did you have
> a look on www.linuxprinting.org, especially the database? The people
> from the gimp-print project (gimp-print.sf.net) are very positive about

Actually, my last printer was an Epson, but I got so turned off by that
sucker (... it LITERALLY sucked up ink like a hungry vampire thirst for
blood),
that I switched to Lexmark. Either way, the printer manufacturers keep
churning out new models almost every month, at ridiculously *LOW*
prices, then shaft you on the "consumables" (ink, and paper), and by
not supplying a printer cable in the box, etc...).

> Epson printers and afaik they provide the most features for them. They
> are very affordable and the ink tax is not as high as HP's. So if you
> want the best photo printer in terms of support & features on Linux I
> think Epson is the way to go. As a "normal" printer they do an excellent
> job also. I have an HP DJ5550 myself and although it does everything
> quite well (not outstanding), the ink is just ridiculously expensive.
Thanks to you and all others here for your thoughtful comments.
I haven't visited linuxprinting.org for several moons, so I'll look 'em
up!

Elton ;-)