Re: Folder Missing

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 06:29:55PM -0500, John Rosich wrote:
> I had about 200 '.zip' files and folders (25GB of data) in a desktop
> folder. Included were text, png/jpg, doc, midi, pdf and similar work
> product files.
>
> The system was shut down last night. In clicking the folder to open it
> this morning, it disappeared from the desktop and can't be found. I
> moved in and out of it in the past without any problems.

Did you recover 25GB of disk space?  If the disk space is still in use,
then the data is around somewhere.  If you have 25GB free that you
didn't have free before, then the data has been deleted and you'll need
to either restore from backup or recreate it.

It's also possible that you had a partition mounted there that you don't
currently mount on boot.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx