Re: Folder Missing

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 08:59, John Rosich wrote:
> The system was shut down last night. In clicking the folder to open it
> this morning, it disappeared from the desktop and can't be found. I
> moved in and out of it in the past without any problems.
[snip]
> What happened? How do I recover this folder?

There was once a 'desktop' folder, but that was a few redhat's ago and I
can't seem to find it in shrike.  If you can remember a name of one of
the files, you can try slocate to find it "slocate <partial-filename>".
Or use find.  From your home dir: "find . -iname \*partial-filename\*".
iname means case insensitive, and the \* means there can be more
characters before or after the name.

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Q:	What do you call a principal female opera singer whose high C