Re: Mplayer

Joshua Andrews wrote:

Personally I think plugger is a big waste of time, even if you do get it to work right it does all sorts of stupid stuff, with mozilla anyway. I have found that removing plugger and setting up external helper apps in mozilla is the best. Plugger is on my list of things to remove after an install along with magicdev and autorun. They are all things that try to simplify an already super simple thing and just end up creating complications.

Yes, plugger as shipped by RH is suffering from bitrot and some degree of irrelevance - however, mozplugger is actively maintained, and not too bad....

Joe