RE: Problem with text files

The last time I read the samba FAQ's (it's been a while), they stated that
samba will NOT make the CRLF->LF conversion (or vice-versa) on text files. I
for one hope they never add that feature.

On the other hand, FTP has always had this CRLF->LF capability if you first
set ASCII type mode prior to issuing the put/get.

FWIW: Seems like I remember someone writing a CRLF->LF conversion program
that integrates with windows explorer. You might want to check google or
even the samba site.

Steve Cowles