Re: integrating Mozilla and Evolution

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 09:03, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 21:21, Iain Buchanan wrote:
[snip]
> Is there any way to force opening web pages in new tabs instead of new
> windows?
[snip]

For this you need to dig a bit into mozilla.  I tried mozilla --help and
found (among others):
Mozilla options
        -remote <command>       Execute <command> in an already running
                                Mozilla process.  For more info, see:
                http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html

So I went to that link (have a read) and found:
openURL (URL, new-tab)
        Creates a new tab displaying the specified document. (Available
        in 1.0.1, 1.1 and beyond)

Among others.  Wow, I didn't even know you could do this :)  So I tried
mozilla -remote "openurl(http://www.bigpond.com, new-tab)" and voila!  I
now have two tabs!  pretty cool I think!

However, if no mozilla currently exists, you get an error.

hmmm...  You could write a little script then, that uses
mozilla -remote ping()
to see if any mozilla processes are running, and then run openurl
depending on the output.  Something like this should do:

#!/bin/sh
if mozilla -remote "ping()"; then
   mozilla -remote "openurl($1, new-tab)" &
else
   mozilla "$1" &
fi

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Q:	What do agnostic, insomniac dyslexics do at night?