Re: integrating Mozilla and Evolution

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 13:34, Frank Solensky wrote:
[snip]
> I got it to work easily enough, but (since installing one of the early
> 1.4 release candidates) haven't been able to select a link in an email
> message to view the page if I already have the browser running.  I've
> been getting the prompt for a user profile and am told that it's already
> active.
>
> Any suggestions?  Some gnome config thingy, for example?

Its actually quite simple.  I did the same thing!  Its because your new
mozilla has overwritten the /usr/bin/mozilla script that starts it up.

Redhat (I think) has made a /usr/bin/mozilla script that starts mozilla
properly if its already open, but the one I got with mozilla 1.4b
doesn't do this so well - I get the prompt for a user profile.

So I replaced the mozilla 1.4b /usr/bin/mozilla script with the redhat
one and then made the following changes:

-- redhat original --
MOZ_DIST_BIN="/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1"
MOZ_PROGRAM="/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1/mozilla-bin"
MOZ_CLIENT_PROGRAM="/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1/mozilla-xremote-client"
-- change to --
MOZ_DIST_BIN="/usr/local/mozilla"
MOZ_PROGRAM="$MOZ_DIST_BIN/mozilla"
MOZ_CLIENT_PROGRAM="$MOZ_DIST_BIN/mozilla-xremote-client"
-- --
And so on replacing every occurance of "/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1" with
"$MOZ_DIST_BIN".  Instead of /usr/local/mozilla use wherever you
installed mozilla.

Now run mozilla twice from the command line / evolution, and see if you
get the same problem.

Of course, I'm sure there is a mozilla 1.4 rpm somewhere that does this
for you.  And as always, back up the files you are about to edit incase
you stuffemup!

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Losers!  Losers!  Kiss my big Springfield behind, Shelbyville!

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Homer Loves Flanders