Re: random thoughts on playing with 2.5 kernels

I would add:

1. Use a hard disk that you don't mind being trashed by your kernel
compile experiments. Preferably on a separate test machine.

2. You can always set up a base test system that you know works and then
copy it to a second hard drive so that the second drive is an exact
image of the first. Disconnect this second drive from the IDE bus and
proceed to do your 2.5.xx kernel experiments on the first drive.

Did you trash the drive in the kernel playing process? No sweat, just
copy the backup 'test system' image on the second drive to the first.
You can write a script to do the partitioning, formatting and copying
for you.

Thanks

Bob Cochran

--
Need help with computer hardware or software? I can take care of it in
your home at very reasonable cost.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA
http://www.greenbeltcomputer.biz/