Mozilla no longer prompting me for passwords on certain sites?

I'm running into a bit of an oddity here.

Mozilla (1.2.1, shipped with Shrike) no longer fills in passwords on a few
sites, nor prompts me for them.

Investigation showed that the sites weren't listed in the password
management area under preferences...either in the site list, or in the
never save area.

I've even gone so far as to clear the list of stored passwords.

Is it possible that certain sites can be or are written in such a way as
to block password storage in the browser, or are my Mozilla settings
hosed?

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe