Re: random thoughts on playing with 2.5 kernels

I'm running 2.5.74 that I compiled myself using a config adapted from
the one posted by Robert Day. This is on an old Dell XPS T550 machine.
So far, the stock Red Hat USB keyboard and USB mouse configurations fail
on startup, and the Yamaha YMF724 sound driver isn't initialized and
thus sound doesn't work.

I'll also grab Arjan's packages in a couple days and try them out.

Thanks

Bob Cochran

--
Need help with computer hardware or software? I can take care of it in
your home at very reasonable cost.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA
http://www.greenbeltcomputer.biz/