iptables and lokkit

Hello all,

I have discovered a few things I don't understand about iptables, at
least as implemented by lokkit.

The following "firewall"  built by hand, does nothing, as expected.
----------------------
[root@xxxxxxxxx sysconfig]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
TEST       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
TEST       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain TEST (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable
[root@xxxxxxxxx sysconfig]#
-------------------------
--But if I create nearly the same thing, with lokkit, (high security)
and it blocks ssh.

[root@xxxxxxxxx sysconfig]# lokkit
[root@xxxxxxxxx sysconfig]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  monroe.patriot.net   anywhere           udp
spt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  jackson.patriot.net  anywhere           udp
spt:domain
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
[root@xxxxxxxxx sysconfig]#
----------------------------
If, however, I manually add an additional (duplicate) first rule in the
RH-Lokkit table,
it's wide open again.

Several questions here:
1) Why does Lokkit put that first rule in there? And since it's there,
why doesn't it work?
Shouldn't it cause the rest of the rules to be ignored?
2) Why does a second, identical rule get honored, (i.e. the firewall is
opened up)
if I add it with "iptables -I RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT 1 -j ACCEPT"
3) Lokkit uses options -p udp -m udp in the rules it puts in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables.
What's the -m option?  There was a -m for mark in ipchains, but that
doesn't seem relevant.

This is low priority.  I don't use lokkit anyway, but it would be nice
to understand it.