Re: solved: persistant routes!

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Keith Morse wrote:
>
> > To note, my tests also created the same
> > /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/eth0.route
> > when adding routes on a shrike based host.  If it's a bug, it's at least
> > consistent.
>
> I do not see a problem with it creating the routes but as I understand Iain's
> problem he told it to delete the route and it did not. If that is true than
> that is a bug and not a feature. At least in my mind. Fortunately for me
> I never used the thing. I have been configuring these things by hand far to
> long to switch now unless redhat really screws with the config files in some
> future release just to foul up people like me. ;)

Aye,  I agree.  My usage of those tools is to remain consistent for that
distribution.  Presumably someone could come behind me and do things
the "right way" according to the documentation. Seems odd they moved away
from /etc/sysconfig/static-routes.

In that vein, I fought a battle today to figure out how to stuff a
default gateway route on SCO Openserver 5.0.5 box.  A few twists and turns
there too.  Apparently the "right way" for 5.0.5 is different than 5.0.6.