Re: solved: persistant routes!

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Keith Morse wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:
>
> > On 30 Jun 2003, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.  It turned out to be in
> > > /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/eth0.route
> > > I don't know how my searches missed that one (whoops) maybe permissions,
> > > maybe I searched for the wrong thing.  What I still don't understand is
> > > why were they in three different places?  I found the same routes in
> > > different formats in
> > > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0,
> > > /etc/sysconfig/static-routes, and
> > > /etc/networking/devices/eth0.route
> > >
> > > at least I know for next time...
> >
> > Congrats!! Now the real question is have you found a bug in
> > redhat-config-network?? I would like to know why you had to go looking for
> > the routes in the first place? Isn't the magic network config tool supposed
> > to do that for you??
>
> To note, my tests also created the same
> /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/eth0.route
> when adding routes on a shrike based host.  If it's a bug, it's at least
> consistent.

I do not see a problem with it creating the routes but as I understand Iain's
problem he told it to delete the route and it did not. If that is true than
that is a bug and not a feature. At least in my mind. Fortunately for me
I never used the thing. I have been configuring these things by hand far to
long to switch now unless redhat really screws with the config files in some
future release just to foul up people like me. ;)

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx