Re: Logitech MX700 on rh9 -- or Buttons, buttons, who uses the buttons?

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 10:32, William W. Austin wrote:
> HOWEVER, this is an 8-button mouse.
>
> I RTFM'ed last night but so far haven't found anything really useful on
> getting the other buttons recognized and/or working under X.  Also to be
> honest, I haven't seen any apps that are crying out for more than the usual
> number of buttons plus scrolling wheel.
>
> Any pointers on HOWTO's on this one (and suggestions for uses on the
> buttons) would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using KDE desktop at the moment
> (haven't had any luck getting e17 working on RH 9 so far) and am not
> sufficiently expert in kde to know (and haven't found anything on it so
> far) how *it* deals with additional buttons either.  (had old logitech 4
> button / no scroll-wheel mouse working under e16: same tricks do not appear
> to work now... sigh.)
>
> Thanks in advance

The buttons to the front and rear of the wheel work w/out any extra config.
They emulate a wheel scroll up and down at the mouse, and send the same exact
signal, making them software independent.  These are the only buttons I use
on the mouse, aside from the wheel itself.  The two side buttons can be
configured, but not much software will take advantage of them.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: