Re: Logitech MX700 on rh9 -- or Buttons, buttons, who uses thebuttons?

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 12:32, William W. Austin wrote:
> My wife has just presented me with a Logitech MX700 mouse.
>
> Very nice.  Optical. Wireless.  scroll and 2 buttons work nicely.
>
> HOWEVER, this is an 8-button mouse.
>
> I RTFM'ed last night but so far haven't found anything really useful on getting
> the other buttons recognized and/or working under X.  Also to be honest, I
> haven't seen any apps that are crying out for more than the usual number of
> buttons plus scrolling wheel.
>
> Any pointers on HOWTO's on this one (and suggestions for uses on the buttons)
> would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using KDE desktop at the moment (haven't had
> any luck getting e17 working on RH 9 so far) and am not sufficiently expert in
> kde to know (and haven't found anything on it so far) how *it* deals with
> additional buttons either.  (had old logitech 4 button / no scroll-wheel mouse
> working under e16: same tricks do not appear to work now... sigh.)
>
> Thanks in advance

In the "InputDevice" "Mouse0" section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config, below
the "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Add:

Option "Buttons" "8"

You should know however, that even though X may recognize all 8 buttons,
it doesn't mean that programs will accept or recognize them. Many things
limit their support to no more than 3-5 buttons.

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/