Re: wine package for redhat 9

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 21:22, KBB0927@xxxxxx wrote:
> I am trying CrossOver 2.0 on my RH9/SuSE 8.2 laptop and as already
> pointed out, It Just WOrks!!. I have always had issues with wine
> with one app or another. I use VMware, but on my laptop since a
> few win apps are needed occasionally, CrossOverOffice will be well
> worth the purchase price ($54 USD vs $299 USD for vmware).  I have
> not seen such great and smooth running of Office XP under Linux that
> I have seen with CrossOver 2.0.

May I also add that CodeWeaver's web page is very honest about what
works and what doesn't work in CrossOver, and their support service is
surprisingly good for the price.  When you order one product, you not
only get the product today, but a subscription to download updated
versions with more bug fixes/functionality when they make new releases
every few months.  I've personally been a subscriber for more than a
year now, and they have lived up to their promises and more with
constant new versions so far.

In subscribing I feel that I get a lot of value in having something that
*just works*, while supporting their constant LGPL development.

(Oh gosh I'm sounding like a commercial.)

Warren