Re: VNC Server

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Michael St. Laurent wrote:

> Does the new version support running the VNC server in such a way that both
> the local and remote users see the same desktop?

There is a workaround useing x0frbserver, but you need your users to run
it, on startup, tehy can close it anytime they want so if you want it for
control it's not suitable, but it might help in a general IT support role,
maybe set it to start  in teh startup in a loop script so if they close it
,it auto starts it again.

The realvnc mob are working on their VNC behaving like the winblows
version where it can be a service type thing, but its not ready yet.

There are a few VNC releases I only use theirs, one of the others may in
fact already have this capability, I havn't really gone looking.

--
-Res

lns01-wick-bne> ipfirewall addb reject all from aol.com to 0