Burning a CD

I posted a while back about RH9 stability problems.  I found that if I
removed hdd=ide-scsi from the kernel line in my grub.conf file that the
system was again stable, and I have been running for a while like this
with no stability problems.

However, now I need to burn a few CD's and would really like to do this
from within RH9. So, has there been any other resolution on this?  From
the list it seems that several other people had this same problem.

Thanks,

Matthew

btw, this same exact system still works (can burn CD's) in RH8, so I
know it's not a hardware problem.