Re: pcmcia, wireless and network problems

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 10:43, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Nadeem Bitar (nadiizu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > Why isn't redhat doing anything about this.
>
> redhat-config-network supports creating network profiles that
> have different devices, configurations, and even some support files.

I would submit that this tool assumes the network interfaces are static
(i.e they are not plugged in or out as pcmcia cards are) - hence not
completely useful.

> You can change the profile with a GUI, a commandline tool, and even
> on the kernel command line.

Coul you tell us which command line tool provides this functionality? I
couldn't locate such a thing when I was trying to switch profiles  - and
the GUI version is a big pain to use (multiple click throughs to change
the profile)

Thanks,
Satish