pcmcia, wireless and network problems

Below are networking related problems i encountered after upgrading my
laptop from 8.0 to 9:
* pcmcia was configured wrongly by the installer, i fixed that by
editing /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia.

*neat
Now the biggest problem is neat, it is totally broken in redhat 9. I
have had problems with neat in the past but the problems were easily
detectable and fixed by editing the various networking scripts.
/etc/syconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg*
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/*/ifcfg*
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg*

In redhat 9 i am not able to fix that and it is a big problem and major
inconvenience because i use 9 different profiles. The problems i am
having is that at boot the wrong modules are being loaded and when i
access neat to configure networking i get error that eth0 has orinoco_cs
loaded instead of 3c59x which is specified in /etc/modules.conf and most
neat networking functionality is broken at that point..It doesn't allow
to do anything other than delete the devices.  I tried to trace the bug
but wasn't able to find it.
So i have to do the following every time I change my network settings.
ifdown eth0
modprobe -d orinoco_cs
modprobe -all
edit the various scripts depending on my current network setup. or just
use iwconfig to start eth1
ifup eth0
ifup eth1
dhcclient

Has anyone encountered these problems?

my /etc/modules.conf  has the following for the network interfaces
alias eth0 3c59x
alias eth1 orinoco_cs

Regards,

--