Re: OpenLDAP/nss_ldap Weirdness

Dan wrote:

On a client 8.0 machine, I finger/id some users who exist only in the directory. Running netstat on the server showed that the 8.0 machine had no lingering/remaining connections whatsoever.

Perfrorming a similar test on a 9.0 Shrike machine, netstat shows several lingering/remaining connections.

Some other people have reported that the problem happens after the recent glibc updates. Have you applied them to 8.0? It sounds like you haven't, and probably don't want to, except that it'd help identify the source of the problem ;)

I don't know if there's a bugzilla open on this yet, but I'd expect there to be, under the glibc component.