Re: Got 2.5.68 kernel up

J Sloan wrote:
Chris Chabot wrote:

I've used 2.5.x with patched nvidia drivers, and the results are nothing
short of amazing. The whole system feels a lot faster and more responsive
with the kernel improvements & fast drivers.

Did you get 2.5 working with the latest nvidia drivers? I'm running shrike here, with nvidia driver version 1.0-4363 - Frankly that's the big thing keeping me on 2.4 now - if nvidia plus e.g. 2.5.68 is a go, then I'm there.

One other thing: Does xscreensaver unlock
for you when you type in your password, in
a recent 2.5.6x kernel?

I tried it out and it worked for me. I was a bit hesitant, since I hardly use screensavers.

The screensaver that appeared, when I chose lock screen was a bit ugly. It was all green and you couldn't make out the box that was floating around. It was a bit blurry.

I did check out some pictures with GQview and they were very clear and popped right up. I got delay with the 2.4 kernel.

I hope the next beta includes the 2.6 or the 2.5 to push it's purification forward.

Jim

Joe