Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

Doug B wrote:

My concern is not so much about my not receiving mail (I have that covered) as about mail sent from my MTA (I use it for outgoing mail delivery only) being blocked from the person I sent it to. If I ever find out that has happened and I can show damages, I'll certainly pursue it.

Won't matter. It'll just be pointed out that you were given an option that would allow your email to be received, and you chose not to use it.

Mail is accepted from your ISP's MX, and you can route outbound mail through that MX without impacting the service you have set up. If you choose not to do so, then you're choosing not to have your mail received by some parties which block email which comes directly from dial-ups.

Enough though. Even though there is an alternative to outright blocking (the postini.com thing and probably others), I suspect we will just have to agree to disagree.

And while you're disagreeing, our email is being routed to the intended destinations ;)