Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Friday 25 April 2003 2:00 am, Res wrote:

> Well, I hope you run your own mail server, good chances are your ISP
> uses an RBL of some sort, most do, granted not all though.

Actually, one of my ISP's doesn't block anything.  I asked.  Another has
installed a product from www.postini.com (at no cost to the user) that
lets us set up our own filters or turn it off completely.  I turned it
off.

My concern is not so much about my not receiving mail (I have that
covered) as about mail sent from my MTA (I use it for outgoing mail
delivery only) being blocked from the person I sent it to.  If I ever
find out that has happened and I can show damages, I'll certainly
pursue it.

As far as why I use my own MTA, I have what I consider good reasons.  I
talked briefly about it on the psyche lists and don't want to get into
it again.

Enough though.  Even though there is an alternative to outright blocking
(the postini.com thing and probably others), I suspect we will just
have to agree to disagree.

Doug