Re: Metacity Ignoring Mouse Clicks?

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 08:33, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> I've recently noticed a problem that I didn't notice in the beta with
> Metaciy. It's a problem of mouse clicks being ignored on window borders.
> I've noticed this with resizing and moving. It doesn't happen all the
> time but enough to be completely annoying, close to 50% of the time.
> I've had it happen with various evolution windows and gnome-terminal
> windows. I move the mouse to the top window border, click the title bar
> in an effort to move the window, and the click is ignored by metacity
> and recognized by the first widget the mouse passes over. In another
> case, I move the mouse to the bottom border to resize, the resize cursor
> appears, I click, and it's ignored by metacity and passed to the window
> below. In all cases, the click does get recognized by some other window,
> usually with unwanted results.

Yes, I've seen this too, but it appears to be a result of the theme they
use for Metacity and not Metacity itself. Using a different theme
reduces the occurances of this to almost a miniscule level. I believe
someone else already filed a bug on this before...

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/