RE: ATHLON & Shrike - *imperfect* alliance=random lockups?

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 09:47, Jonathan A. Davis wrote:
> On one machine, I was seeing all kinds of weird random freeze behaviour,
> lockups, EIPs terminating processes, etc...  Around the sixth time one of
> these had quietly taken out sendmail and crond, I had finally had enough.
> After pulling down and building from a vanilla 2.4.20 kernel, the machine
> has been running flawlessly for a little over a week now.  This same machine
> ran flawlessly under 8.1 with stock RH kernel and there were zero hw and
> bios changes made between 8.1 and 9.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try it and see how it goes.  I usually
compile the latest stable kernel from kernel.org anyway, but this time I
thought I'd try redhats, as its been mentioned that they add various
patches from the kernel development.  Oh well, back to source!
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<ed__> riel: if it were a vax, gcc would probably be an opcode

	- excerpt from #kernelnewbies