RE: Good Nvidia Based Card - Anyone??

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 17:50, Bruce P. Morin wrote:

> Just a follow-up question to yesterdays post; If I buy a GeForce4 Ti 4200
> based card, does it matter what manufacturer I buy for the Nvidia based
> drivers to work?

In theory it doesn't. From what i've heard, the nVidia "official"
drivers can work with pretty much any nVidia-based card that's out
there.
It also makes sense from the manufacturer's p.o.v., since they are freed
of the effort to build the drivers themselves.

The nVidia drivers work just fine on my home PCs, one of them having an
old GeForce2 card (can't remember the manufacturer), the other having an
MSI nForce motherboard (nVidia graphics embedded, it's actually
equivalent to a GeForce2). Both systems run RH 9.

--
Florin Andrei

"You can't go to Windows Update
and get a patch for stupidity." - Kevin Mitnick