Re: RH9: Kerberos V and OpenSSH

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 07:53:32PM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> Has anyone been able to make OpenSSH interoperate with Kerberos V?
>
> I have been able to setup a Kerberos V KDC on one of my LAN servers. I
> can use Kerberized telnet and telnetd programs to gain remote access to
> my server, but I want to use OpenSSH insetad. I want OpenSSH to allow me
> to automatically log on remotely using Kerberos V without relying on
> public-keys or passwords.

As Bill noted, there are patches to add GSSAPI authentication to
OpenSSH.  If you don't want to (or can't) patch OpenSSH for this, you'll
have to settle for the nonstandard support in SSH1.

Set "KerberosAuthentication" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config to "yes", restart
sshd, and use SSH1 when connecting (by passing "-1" to ssh).

HTH,

Nalin