Red Hat 9 Problems

Hi.
I've got some problems with Red Hat Linux 9, and I was wondering whether you could help me out.

As you may remember, I had a problem with trying to get Hardware 3D support on Red Hat 9 with my Voodoo 3 2000 graphics card. I still can't seem to get it working, so any advice on that would be great.

And also I have a new problem. My CD ROM drive can't read any data CDs in Linux. It can play audio CDs and Windows can read the CDs OK, so why can't Red Hat? It also makes the CD run for a long time, and it will not let me eject the CD. It's a Samsung SCF-140, and is detected in the hardware browser.

If there's any more info you need, please ask.

Thanks,
Adam Yeats