Re: RH9 -- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

> All Ugly At The Moment:
>
> RH9 seems to be reverting to the erratic behavior of RH8.
>
> Just did a clean reload of RH9 and now RH9 refuses to recognize my
> modem.  It saw it fine the first time and RH8 continues to
> recognize it (when booted from another HDD).
>
> Why would RH9 be so inconsistent?
>
> I have now wasted several hours on what should have been a simple
> process.  Will try one more reload and then will consider
> returning RH9 for a full refund -- I paid for RH8 and now RH9
> because I want to
> support the company -- but not if they are going to produce Bill
> Gates-equivalent junk.
>
> Sigh ... doc

Darn!  I too did an RH8 upgrade to RH9 and run a dedicated dialup
connection.  All went well (except for the default MTA inexplicably
being switched from sendmail to postfix) and my Courier V.Everything
was recognized properly; the dial script runs at startup just like
before, no problems.

I don't think anything intrinsic to RH9 is messing with you, rather,
I'm betting on an interaction with your hardware?

Good luck with it.

ps - I also paid for 8 and 9 for the same reasons you did

Brad