Re: NVIDIA drivers break StarOffice was Re: Staroffice crashing

Carey F. Cox got off his/her happy ass and sent these 1.7K bytes,
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Carey F. Cox wrote:
>

> > I upgraded my home computer from RH 8.0 to RH 9 and have been unable
> > to access staroffice since. I also tried reinstalling from scratch
> > (both staroffice and rh 9) to no avail. Every time I try to invoke
> > staroffice I get a segmentation fault. Same thing when I try to reinstall
> > staroffice. I then assumed that there maybe something wrong with staroffice
> > and decided to try openoffice. However, it is crashing as well with the
> > same error messages.
> >
> > Did I miss something during the install of rh 9? I have seen no other
> > reports of problems, so I am thinking that it maybe something wrong with
> > my installation. Any clues?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Carey
>
> I tried several things including upgrading java to j2re-1.4.1. Nothing
> worked.
>
> Finally reinstalled RH 9 with OpenOffice.  It worked!

I too have been having some major problems with Nvidia's latest set of
drivers, the only time i get mass-segfaulting is after playing a game
then the only way i can seem to correct the issue is by rebooting.

Guess no games till the next set of drivers come out, i tried to roll
back to the older drivers i used with RH 8.0 and they would not compile.