Re: anyone with new vmware install/config to share?

Darren and Robert:

"D. D. Brierton" wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 15:26, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   i just got the latest vmware workstation for linux (4.0),
> > and hope to spend some time this weekend setting it up.
> > so if anyone out there has been through this under shrike,
> > i'm interested in any good luck/bad luck stories.
> >
> >   particularly for a dell inspiron 8100 with 1600x1200
> > display, and nvidia geforce2go.  no sense making this
> > easy.
>
> (Almost) snap! I too am planning to install VMwareWorkstation 4.0 over
> the weekend, on a Dell Inspiron 8200, NVidia GeForce 440 Go, 1600x1200.
> So let's keep each other abreast of how we're getting on (although
> probably that should be done off-list).

Well I have RH9.0 and VMWorkstation 4.0 sitting in front
of me and have hesitated to do anything with either given
the issues cropping up with 9.0 and the general question
of trying to get two new releases of system software to
work with each other. I for one would also like to know
how you are getting on! :) I hate to let others be the
brave ones, but if you guys are willing I certainly would
not want that experience to be lost.

Thanks!

mjp

--