Re: postfix

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 21:00, Marek wrote:

> I have been trying to set up postfix on an internal network. If i mail a
> user that has the same user name on both machines it goes to the the
> machine i sent it from. If i mail a unique user on another machine i get
> a unknown user error.

Of course.

mailto:joeblow is delivered locally

mailto:joeblow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx gets delivered to the system named
pc.company.com

mailto:joeblow@xxxxxxxxxxx gets delivered to whatever MX server is
defined in DNS for the domain company.com and it's up to the MX to
decide what to do with that message

In the first case, if you use a username on another machine, of course
you get an error, because any MTA (not just Postfix) will atempt to
deliver it locally (with normal/default settings).

> Do i have to setup the transport and canonical files. I have run

Not really, not in normal situations. Those are for special cases.

--
Florin Andrei

"You can't go to Windows Update
and get a patch for stupidity." - Kevin Mitnick